Ok, so I am 4 days late. Story of my life. In all honesty, I’ve been a little bit of a bum lately. I’ve been soaking up all of my freedom before I start my job next week. Staying indoors watching Hitchcock movies and sipping hot chocolate while it’s snowing outside has been really nice. Really, really, nice.
[Swatches from L to R: Indianwood, Captive, Moonstone, Luminous]
1. Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh: This was a gift from my dearest Maxine from Below The Heavens Beauty. She sent me a big package of beauty goodies for my birthday, and this was included. I am planning on doing a post once I try everything out. This perfume smells so fresh and clean. Not too heavy, and not too sweet. Just the right amount of flowers and sweet fruits. Thank you so much, Maxine!
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone: I’m sure I’ve mentioned this already in a previous favorite post, but this product deserves to be featured again. And that says a lot for me. This gorgeous highlight is a mixture of silver and gold, which works perfect for girls with yellow undertones. This product comes highly recommended by the famous Lisa Eldridge, and it truly lives up to all of it’s claims. It gives the face a nice soft glow, without being too glittery or frosty. It blends in well into other liquids or creams. You can even add a few drops of it to your liquid foundation for an all over healthy glow. And if you don’t like liquids, this is also available in a pressed powder version. Try this and I promise you will love it.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous: These are all the rave as of late. If you haven’t heard of these yet, then you must be living under a rock. The idea behind these powders is that they mimic different kinds of lighting thus changing the way your skin appears. I decided to give these setting powders a try and invested in the Luminous shade first. This product is described as a “champagne pearl” which is really a light peach with white shimmer. Although it swatches that color, it really goes on colorless once applied to the face. This shade is supposed to “create a soft, incandescent candlelight glow” and honestly, it really does do that. As a girl who suffers from dry skin, I’m all about the glow.
4. MAC Satin Lipstick in Captive: I’ve been so obsessed with this lipstick shade as of late. I bought it last year on a whim, and I regretted the purchase immediately. Maybe it was because I purchased it during the summer, and this shade is definitely a fall/winter lipstick. Anyway, I recently bought a lipstick holder from The Container Store, and decided it was the perfect way to display all of my MAC lipsticks. It was then that I rediscovered Captive and haven’t put it down ever since. It is a pinkish brown, and it honestly reminds me of a toned down + more wearable version of the beloved Rebel by MAC. In fact, it’s a tad more brown and goes on a little bit more smoother. SO IN LOVE.
5. MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood: During my trip to Alabama last month, I was able to score this baby at the outlet for only $13.50! It’s a permanent shade, which is why I was so surprised to see it for such a deal. I had been wanting this paint pot for a long time, and it really did not disappoint. Indianwood is a shimmery bronze cream that is prefect as a base for smokey eyes, or even on it’s own. I love layering Indianwood with Urban Decay’s Smog and Half Baked shadows form my Naked Palette. It honestly lasts all day without smudging or creasing-no primer needed!
YOU GUYS! I GOT MY FIRST BIG GIRL JOB!!
First interview as a new grad, and I nailed it. I’ll be working as an inpatient pharmacist in a hospital. An Adventist hospital I never dreamed I would have the opportunity to be a part of. This goes to show that you should always shoot for the stars!
If you’ve been a long time reader, you’ll know that I wore this same nail polish for my interview as a pharmacist intern at Kaiser. And we all know how that went. Nonfat Soy Half Caff by Sephora by OPI has got to be my lucky nail polish. Every time I wear it to an interview I get the job.