Have you ever been overwhelmed by something beautiful you’ve seen?
I was driving home yesterday, and I had a lot on my mind. I was so consumed in my thoughts, I had almost forgotten to look up.
The most beautiful double rainbow I have ever seen in my entire life was right in front of me. I’m talking about the super bright, in your face, kind of rainbow. The type that you can tell exactly where each color starts and the next begins.
I was so amazed by this beauty. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and I could see it in it’s entirety: from start to finish. A breathtaking arc of perfection. And if the original wasn’t enough, there was another right on top of it.
Maybe it was the mountains glistening in the backdrop of this view, or the fact that the colors were so blindingly beautiful. Or perhaps I had just realized that I could have missed this sight if I had driven home 10 minutes earlier/later. I don’t know what it was, but I found myself overwhelmed with emotion.
Man, God is so grand. He created that rainbow for us to enjoy and marvel at. He made it as a symbol to remind us that He would never destroy the earth with floods again. He made that for us to remember that He is looking out for us. In every aspect of our lives.
I immediately forgot all of my worries [for they seemed so small now] and opened my sun roof, letting the fresh air into my stuffy little car. I took it all in. Just as I drove through the most beautiful double rainbow I will probably ever see.
If you have a Home Goods near you…
Run and get this acrylic holder ($15) for your vanity. It is made from really good quality plastic, and it feels super heavy duty. I love to use it as a catch all for my most used beauty products. It looks much better to house them in this super adorable clear box [with a removable lid] than to see them scattered all over my vanity.
Don’t want to use it for storing makeup? This would look awesome in your bathroom as a cotton ball/q tip holder. Or with your jewelry, nail polish, or pretty much anything. You will find something pretty to put inside. And it will look awesome.
I had gotten the Synthetic Kabuki Brush Set from Sigma a long time ago. I’m talking back when I still lived in California. In fact, these were obtained through a friend [Hi, Dr. Suzy] who went to IMATS.
I had completely forgotten to write about these. Which is crazy, considering how much I like them and how highly I recommend them.
I had been purposely staying away from the whole Sigma bandwagon. I thought they were a brand that knocked off MAC brushes, and I was totally against that. Sure, the price is cheaper for Sigma, but why not pay a little more and get the real deal from MAC?
I was totally against the company until I saw these babies. These were brushes that I had never seen before. Not even MAC makes anything like this. So, I placed my order through a friend and she got them for me.
Once I opened the box and felt the brushes in my hand, I swallowed all my of previous words. These brushes are heavy, sturdy, and the synthetic bristles never shed. They apply my liquid foundations perfectly with minimal work. The quality is beyond outstanding. I enjoy using every single one that came in the set. They wash easily, and dry fast. The handle has a glossy finish which gives the brush a very elegant look.
Listen, I was wrong. I can’t speak for any other brushes from this brand, but the Synthetic Kabuki Brush Set is phenomenal.
L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation
I have been wanting to change up my foundation routine for a while now. If you’ve been a long time follower, you know how much I love the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation as well as the Laura Mercier Silk Creme. And by no means do I think that the L’Oreal True Match Lumi is better, but it definitely isn’t bad either.
I had some Ulta points I wanted to redeem, so I bought this foundation on a whim. I had heard so many things about this foundation on youtube, I figured I would give in to the hype. I wasn’t sure which shade I was, so I bought W3 and N4. The N4 was too dark for me, but worked well for my yellow undertones. The W3 shade was way too pink for my taste. I ended up exchanging it for an N3, which seemed like the same pink shade once I tried it on at home. Ugh. I hate not being able to test foundations at the store. The struggle is real, you guys.
Anyway, I really like this foundation. It looks natural on the skin, yet it provides decent coverage. My favorite part is that it gives you a luminous glow, even after you set it with powder. Is it awesome? Yes. Do you need to try it? Perhaps if you’re oily, I’d skip it. But if you’re a dry skinned gal looking for a new foundation to try this summer, I’d give this one a go.
5 Beauty Items You Should Definitely Splurge On:
- A Good Foundation. No matter what eyeshadow look you put on, or what shade of lipstick you decide to wear, if you do not have a good base for your face you might as well as skip makeup all together. So, do yourself a favor and buy a foundation that will make you look like you have flawless skin. And no, you won’t find the good ones at the drug store. I promise. [Try: Makeup Forever HD, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, Chanel Vitalumier Aqua, and Neutrogena Healthy Glow]
- A Superb Concealer. I’m talking about a concealer that will work like magic. Find ones specially made for your under eye circles, acne, scars, and redness. Do you have dry skin? Try a liquid or a cream concealer with full coverage. If you’re oily, try a stick concealer and set it with powder. There is no excuse! Concealers were made to conceal (duh) so use them to your advantage. [Try: Benefit’s Erase Paste, MAC Pro-longwear Concealer or Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage]
- A Mascara That Will Rock Your World. Curling your lashes and applying mascara will make a world of a difference in the way you look. It will instantly make you look awake. I recommend mascaras that are waterproof as they will hold your curl for the entire day without smudging, regardless of the weather. [Try: Diorshow by Christian Dior, Buxom Lash Mascara, or Urban Decay Cannonball]
- An Eyeliner That Actually Stays Put. Forget the drugstore eyeliners. Save your money. Invest in a fine brush and a good gel/cream eyeliner and says goodbye to smudging, smearing, and vanishing. [Try: MAC Fluidline, Inglot AMC Gel Liner, or my favorite Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner]
- A Kick Ass Moisturizer. Purchase a moisturizer that will make your skin look like a million bucks. If you take care of your skin first, it doesn’t really matter what you put on top of it. The best foundations in the world can not mask the skin underneath. Moisturize every day, and be gentle with your skin. [Try: Celestial Moisturizer by Lush, Korres Wild Rose Brightning & Moisturizing Cream, or Hazelnut Vitamin-E Moisturizer by The Balm]
Last summer, I was obsessed with anything orange. This summer, I was introduced to a lipstick that has changed my life. Yes, that’s right ladies. A lipstick can change your life.
Lady Danger by MAC ($16) has got to be my most favorite lipstick shade of all time. Not even my beloved Rebel can could compare to Lady Danger.
This bright coral red lipstick is a show stopper. I love that it is a matte finish that isn’t too drying on the lips. The color changes depending on the lighting. It can be viewed as a bright red, or a vivid orange. It really just depends on your skin tone. You really have to be confident to wear this baby. But if you do, be prepared to get compliments galore.
**lipstick image credit: glittergeek.ca**
The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag