I am so excited it’s October. It’s my most favorite month of the year!
1. MAC #266 [$20]: This brush has been my best friend for so long. I initially bought it years ago to use with my gel eyeliner. Since then, I’ve discovered that there are better brush options for gel eyeliner and the #266 is a perfect brow brush. I love using it wet with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder. It gives my brows a natural finish, and I couldn’t live without it.
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance [$20]: I’m sure I’ve mentioned this product on my blog a million times before. It’s one of my holy grail products. I ran out of mine a few months ago, so I began using other primers in my collection. Nothing, however, compared to this. Out of almost 5,000 reviews on Sephora, this got 5 stars. There’s a reason why!
3. Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner [$24]: This liner has made it to my beauty favorites post 2 months in a row! I’ve been using it non-stop since I bought it. Like I’ve said before, once you get the hang of the applicator, it’s a piece of cake to apply. I love how it dries matte black and the best part is that it doesn’t smudge all day!
4. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner [$20]: I used to hate liquid liners. Like, really hate them. And then I tried this baby. It’s amazing! I love how it doesn’t smear, how black it is, and how fine the point is. I like to use the Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner on my lid and then Stila’s liquid liner to make the flick. They’re a perfect combo. [ps. it comes in a TON of different colors!]
5. Calvin Klein Color Pure Lipstick in Fancy [$16]: I just love, love, LOVE this lipstick. It’s the only lipstick in my collection that I’ve worn continuously. Not sure if you can tell by the photo, but it’s getting down to a little nub. I wear this in the summer, winter…every season. It’s a “my lips but better” shade. I can apply it without a mirror, and it still looks great. I will forever repurchase this.
6. Nars Blush in Zen [$30]: This is a neutral beige shade that looks amazing on the skin. I was using Madly soooo much, I decided to give it a break and try Zen, which is very similar. Unlike Madly, Zen is a little bit more brown and less rose-y. It’s a very muted blush, that looks so natural. I’m so in love with beige brushes lately.
Two things I scored from the Altuzarra for Target collection that debuted today: crane off the shoulder sweater + sexy faux leather booties. My poor Sugar Daddy drove to two different Targets to find me the booties I wanted, since I had to work today. He wins husband award of the year.
[side note: the crane dress and sweater were the only two clothing pieces I found to be worth the steep prices. Everything else felt really cheap and poor quality]
[Swatches from L to R: Moonstone, Harmony, and Bronze Primer]
Yes. I’m late. Again.
I probably shouldn’t tell you I had the past week off of work. Because if I did, that would just make it look like I’m lazy. And I wouldn’t want you to think that.
1. MAC Eyeshadows [$10-16 each]: Did I ever tell you how obsessed I am with MAC shadows? I think I did, but in case you forgot I am here to remind you how awesome they are. I used to be so anti-MAC products. Especially eyeshadows. I thought they were overpriced, overhyped, and just not worth my money. Urban Decay was where the color payoff was at. At least I thought so. It wasn’t until I started to dabble into the permanent shadows MAC has [emphasis on permanent. I don’t condone the limited edition shadows they put out every few weeks] that I realized how wrong I was. Some of my current favorites include Soft Brown, All That Glitters, Texture, Swiss Chocolate, and Brown Down. Go to the mall, get yourself an empty palette [$8 for the palette and $2 for the inserts] and create your own collection of amazing shadows.
2. Benefit’s They’re Real! Push up Liner [$24]: Ok. Let me be honest. I was on the verge of returning this product back to Sephora, because honestly, it isn’t the most user friendly. However, I decided to give it another chance, and once I learned how to properly use it, I fell in love. This product gives you the look of a gel liner, without all the hassle. I love that I can just throw it in my makeup travel bag without having to pack my gel liner AND brush. The trick is to twist the liner only once per eye. Use a small amount and pull your eye taught. The black line dries a matte finish and it lasts all day! Plus the way the angled applicator is shaped makes it perfect for creating a sexy cat eye.
3. Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector [$36]: I dunno about you guys, but I always wear sunscreen on my face. This results in an uneven tan between my face and my body. I know there’s two simple solutions to this problem. Either self tan my face, or stop wearing sunscreen…none of which I wish to do. So, I bought this bronzing primer instead. It makes my foundation go on so smoothly [has a silicone-y finish] and gives me the bronzed goddess look I want. Oh, and the results aren’t permanent! ;-)
4. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach [$25]: If you’ve been a long time reader of my blog, you know I can’t live without Bobbi’s magic potion for under eye circles. This stuff is like straight up magic. When I bought this for the first time online, I didn’t realize the color I ordered was too dark for my then pale skin. Good thing I kept it because now that I’m tan it works perfect to conceal my dark circles.
5. MAC Matte Blush in Harmony [$17-22]: I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned this in any of my favorites thus far. At least I don’t think I have. I use this blush everyday as a contour. It’s the prefect soft brown shade that isn’t too dark and drastic. I now know why the Pixiwoo sisters love this so much.
6. Becca Shimmering Pressed Skin Perfector [$38]: I have saved the best for last. Becca’s pressed highlighter in moonstone has exceeded all of my expectations. It is holy grail status, and that says a lot for me. Dior Amber Lights? Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick? Who cares about them. THIS STUFF IS THE BOMB. If you’ve got yellow undertones like me, this highlighter will rock your world. [side note, the liquid formulation is just as awesome]
Benefit: World Famous Neutrals
[Swatches from L to R: My Two Cents, Birthday Suit, Kiss Me I’m Tipsy, Call My Buff, It’s Complicated, Gilt-y Pleasure]
Benefit has recently come out with some outstanding new products. Out of everything I looked at in Sephora, I fell in love with the World Famous Neutral Palettes. I am a sucker for nude shadows with pretty packaging. I had a hard time deciding between Easiest Nudes Ever, Sexiest Nudes Ever, and Most Glamorous Nudes Ever. After swatching them all, I fell in love with the Most Glamorous Nudes Ever palette. I mean, c’mon. Just look at it.
The palette comes with two itty bitty cream shadows: My Two Cents [copper] and Birthday Suit [chrome]. I have ALWAYS wanted to own Birthday Suit. It’s been on my list for years, but I couldn’t justify buying another cream shadow to add to my already outrageous collection. My Two Cents is a really pretty color too, and it kinda reminds me of Indianwood, which is my favorite paint pot by MAC. These cream shadows are really soft and almost too smooth. They don’t pack a lot of color, so I wouldn’t wear them alone. I think they’re perfect to add a little kick to your overall shadow look.
The pressed shadows are so pretty. I can’t decide which color I like more. Call my Buff is a gorgeous champagne color with just the right amount of shimmer for the brow bone. It’s Complicated, a very pretty golden peach which would look amazing on the lid. Kiss Me I’m Tipsy is a deep brown color that can be used on the outer v of the eyes. I think the star of palette is Gilt-y Pleasure. It’s a warm antique gold that blends into my skin tone. It’s one of those “your lids but better” shades [does that even exist?]. You get the idea.
For $30, I think this is a perfect palette for a nude shadow lover.