Viva Glam Nicki
Last quarter I made a promise to myself. If I got an A+ on my HIV/AIDS exam, I would treat myself to a new Viva Glam lipstick from MAC. One hundred percent of the Viva Glam lipstick proceeds go to the MAC HIV/AIDS Fund which does an amazing job at raising HIV/AIDS awareness.
Fortunately for me, I got an A+ on my exam and in the class overall. As soon as I got my final grades, I nonchalantly made my way to a computer and ordered the newest addition to the Viva Glam line:
Viva Glam Nicki is a yellow based pink/coral. It reminds me of pink lemonade for some reason. I love the shade, I love the satin texture, and I love the overall feel of the lipstick. It’s a beautiful color that is perfect for spring.
Unfortunately I’m not a big fan of the way it looks on my skin tone. I’m not afraid to wear bold colors, but I feel as though this shade clashes with my particular skin color. Also, I do not like Nicki Minaj whatsoever. I’m just not a fan. [sorry!]
It looks like I might be taking this little guy back to Nordstrom’s and exchanging it for another more wearable shade in the Viva Glam line. It’s a pity, because the color is just so beautiful.
18 Notes/ Hide
- augustandafter likes this
- jackiebarnes said: Go you!
- tuesdaychronicles said: Ooooh I’m loving that color.. Wonder if I can pull it off..
- aprilbelles said: Congrats! It’s really fun to treat yourself after all the hard work, that’s what I try to do too! Too bad that the color didn’t work out for you, let us know what you get in replacement ;)
- beingcc said: YAY for A’s and also I agree the color is so pretty when you see it but once one, it just doesnt seem to work :(
- belowtheheavens-beauty said: VIva Glam II is my favorite!
- the-chic-life said: Go Flor! You’re so smart!! And beautiful…the whole package!! :) Jon is a lucky man!!
- the-chic-life likes this
- dowantmakeup said: Congrats on doing so well in your course! It’s a shame about Viva Glam Nicki—I suspect it’s not right for my skin tone either.
- xulu211 likes this
- xulu211 said: Banila co. Lip Service with two sides as lip primer + color base, it would cover up your original lip color and smooth your lip lines also color would come out nicer.
- accordingtoandrea said: CONGRATS! You go girl! The lipstick looks pretty. I am not a fan of Nikki Minaj either. ;)
- creasecolor said: It’s a gorgeous color but that’s what had me worried, too. You should check out Viva Glam 5!
- makeupadventures likes this
- makeupadventures said: i love how you’re such a smartie ! :-) you work so hard in school and deserve this treat! sorry this shade didn’t work out—you should definitely post pics of your new viva glam lipstick when you get it! :D
- lipstickandstockings posted this