White Coat Ceremony
After completing the third year of pharmacy school, you are presented with a white coat. I was given my first white coat at the beginning of my first year. I remember thinking I was such a professional. I went back to this post and realized how far I have come. Although my haircuts and skirts have gotten shorter, my knowledge base has gotten longer. Or so I’d like to think.
What do I mean by that? My clinical judgement has the power to do a lot of good…and a lot of harm. I have learned so much about the human body and all about the drugs that affect it. Do you have trouble sleeping? Do you have a migraine that isn’t going away? I can recommend a slew of pills or natural remedies that are proven to work. But what if I accidentally give you the wrong medicine? Or my clinical judgement leads me astray? The results could be deadly. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I look at the picture I took with my first white coat, and I realize I had no idea how much I was going to grow up during the next three years. How much of a responsibility I was going to acquire. How much of a big deal all of this is. How crazy it is that I not only survived all of this, but excelled in it.
Last week, after finishing the last round of final exams I will ever take, we celebrated with a second white coat ceremony. This time, my coat was a little longer, and a little whiter [or maybe not]. This is it. I’m done with classes for the rest of my life. Theoretically, I am supposed to know everything by now. But God knows, that is far from the truth. And suddenly, my white coat feels a little heavier.
25 Notes/ Hide
- belajewelzz likes this
- in-all-your-forms reblogged this from lipstickandstockings
- princessa2 likes this
- le018652 likes this
- rollergalval likes this
- tuesdaychronicles said: Congratulations!! This is a big deal!! (and u are rocking that white coat girl!) don’t worry too much about the future, you’ll be great!
- tuesdaychronicles likes this
- augustandafter said: congrats! thats amazing :)
- augustandafter likes this
- graceinplace likes this
- ignitestrengths said: I was just thinking of you the other day! Congratulations…you’ve worked incredibly hard for this, and it fills my heart to hear you talk of the responsibility. The field is lucky to have you. (As are we.) xoxo
- makeupadventures said: Congrats, Flor! You’ve worked hard these past 3 years! Though I know there’s more responsibility with more knowledge, I know you can do it :D ! I can only imagine how rewarding your future will be in dealing with patients : ) Fabulous shoes, btw :D !
- breatheheavy said: i love being able to look back and see how i’ve grown. this is a great post and congrats on the ceremony, you should be proud of yourself!
- herheartdances likes this
- neeknak likes this
- the-chic-life said: You are the sexiest pharmacist ever!! Congrants Flor!! You are awesome!!!
- the-chic-life likes this
- nikipenola likes this
- xulu211 said: Congrats ;)
- xulu211 likes this
- beingcc likes this
- jackiebarnes said: I am so proud of you! You’ve worked so hard - CONGRATULATIONS!
- lilywonders said: Aww! Congrats!
- lilywonders likes this
- lipstickandstockings posted this