1. Naked2 Palette by Urban Decay ($50): This palette should be a staple in everyone’s makeup bag. When it first came out earlier this year, I told myself I wasn’t going to get it. I already had the original Naked palette, and I didn’t think I needed this one. Boy, was I wrong. Unlike the original, this one contains Urban Decay’s new and improved formulation making the shadows buttery soft and ultra pigmented. I’m a big fan of the original, but I think I might like this one a little better. Not a day goes by that I don’t use this palette. My favorite shadows of the set are swatched above: Pistol, Verve, and Bootycall.
2. Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel ($20): This was a gift from my cousin, but it was something that was on my want list for so long. I love using it on the top of my cheekbones for a highlight effect, or mixing a few drops in my foundation for a dewey finish. The color is absolutely beautiful. It’s a champagne color with slight peach undertones with a soft bronze metallic shimmer and sheen. It gives the skin a natural healthy glow. [See swatch above]
3. Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian ($19): I had first heard of this lipgloss from Michelle1218. When I went to order it online, it was always sold out. Every single time I’d check for it at Sephora, it would be out of stock. I decided I wasn’t going to stop until I owned this baby. So when my Sephora finally had it back in stock the other day, I didn’t hesitate to buy it. And I’m so glad I did! I usually dislike lip gloss [I much prefer a lipstick] but I have fallen in love with this product. It’s a perfect nude pink that goes well with any makeup look. I love the consistency of the gloss, the minty smell, the sensation it gives me as it tingles my lips, the amount of shine that lasts for hours, and the fact that it’s not super gooey or sticky. [See swatch above]
4. Bobbi Brown Color Corrector in Light Bisque ($23): This is the best invention ever made. The pink/salmon base of the concealer counteracts the dark blue/green shadows under the eyes making you look more awake. I don’t know how I could ever live without this corrector. What dark circles? I don’t have any ;)
5. Milani Liquid Eye Liner in Brown ($6.99): Dr. Suzy gave me this pencil a long time ago, and I completely forgot I had it. It wasn’t until the other day that I pulled it out and used it that I realized how awesome it really is. This pencil glides on like no other. It really is a liquid liner in a pencil form. I also love that after it sets, it’s basically waterproof. In my opinion, this is the best pencil liner that the drugstore has to offer. [See swatch above]
6. Essence Nail Polish in Lime Up! ($0.99): I usually don’t like to include nail polishes in my monthly favorites because I never wear the same color twice within a year, much less a month. But THIS. This is an exception. I have been wearing this color non-stop. The best part? It’s less than $1 at Ulta!
What were your favorites this month?
28 Notes/ Hide
- fatnatcat likes this
- onechristianwoman reblogged this from lipstickandstockings and added:
- calledmehis likes this
- yourstrulykim likes this
- ninja-in-red-converse reblogged this from lipstickandstockings
- babiibre reblogged this from lipstickandstockings
- babiibre likes this
- augustandafter likes this
- tuesdaychronicles answered: I ADORE the naked 2 palette also! got it as a birthday gift and I use it more than the first one!
- fatimamichiko reblogged this from lipstickandstockings
- the-chic-life likes this
- sweetwatersbaby likes this
- xulu211 answered: I love your nail color. It is fabulous ;)
- xulu211 likes this
- beingcc said: I love Bobbi brown correctors too!! I told myself the same thing about the UD Naked 2 but now the more I see it, the more I begin to think I was wrong wrong wrong. I am getting their “basic palette” the moment I see it in stores too
- crumbletopieces answered: i’ve been wanting to try that Milani eye pencil! thanks for reminding me :D
- creasecolor likes this
- jazblogsbeauty answered: I have been trying not to get on the NAKED trend, but I am about to cave and by NAKED 2…
- belowtheheavens-beauty answered: I’m excited to do my favorites for August tomorrow!
- glossandgab likes this
- paris-and-paradise answered: Bad Gal mascara, Fame perfume by Lady Gaga, Nars nail polish in arabesque, & the Bath and Body Works eucalyptus mint scent :)
- ellamaye likes this
- aprilbelles likes this
- lauracuddles likes this
- makeupadventures said: This month I’ve rediscovered my love for Covergirl’s lashblast mascara! And also my Revlon Colorstay foundation!
- makeupadventures likes this
- lipstickandstockings posted this